26 June 2008

next move

"A quick example of a technique I use when I'm lacking inspiration. I make a blank document and simply throw down lines and shapes in black and white, often without looking, until some form emerges. Once you have the basis of an image you can just work into it. I'm often surprised with the stuff you come up with using this technique- the above example took around 15 minutes and I had no clear image in my head.Hope it's helpful. "
MrCanavan, Concept Artist

...

My next move in photoshop is ... perhaps to try illustrating/drawing/sketching (wadever you wanna call it!!) Which means to say "I have to DRAW!" but how?! haha
I CAN ONLY DRAW STICK MAN BUT PROBLEM IS, I CANT EVEN DRAW THEM WELL!!

I was actually inspired by my faci when he randomly sketched an angler fish on his Wacom in order to convince us to attend his drawing workshop after school.
What he did was to open a empty canvas in photoshop, painted some strokes, highlighted it in different shades, used some effects and added in details.. *tick tock tick tock* 10 min later...

TADA!!
A monstrous looking angler fish!

WOW thats sssooooo DOPE can!! I WANT TO BE LIKE THAT TOO!!

HOWEVER in order for me to learn effectively, I need good tools because a mouse aint gonna help at all yo. "Divinely" Wacom has its Intuos series and that's what I'm looking for (HINTS for my birthday *cheeky smile*)..

Oh Daddy won't you just drop one of this from heaven?


Josie signing off~

No comments: